Friday, January 31, 2014

7 Quick Takes #10


1. This has felt like the slowest weak of my life and because of that I have very little to share.

2. I have been trying to be better about keeping the house clean so I don't have to spend all day Saturday picking up my atrocious mess and catching up on dishes and laundry and cleaning etc. I still refuse to do laundry during the week so not much I can do to help myself there but so far things are staying relatively put together. *fingers crossed* that it stays that way! When I get home from work at the end of the day though, cleaning is the last thing I want to do. It's a miracle I ever get dinner on the table...

3. I am having a group of girls over tonight that Patrick was friends with in PT school and so I also became friends with them sort of by default. I'm realizing how different things are now and how people just grow about for no reason sometimes. We are all in different places in our lives now and I'm just feeling like I don't have much in common anymore. It's always good to have girl time so I am looking forward to that, but let's just hope it isn't weird... and that none of them read blogs :)

4. THE SUPER BOWL IS THIS WEEKEND!!! I used to never care about watching the Super Bowl but now it's something I look forward to even if I am not a fan of either team. As long as they play a good game and there are some decently funny commercials... it's good. I have all kinds of fun appetizer and dessert things planned AND I get to watch it on my own couch. I love that.

5. Because it is the Super Bowl this weekend I sort of tricked my sister into coming up. She was going to wait until next weekend but I asked what she was doing for the big game (knowing her well enough to know that she had not made plans). I hooked her! Best part is... I thought she was just coming on Sunday but she is coming for the whole weekend! Woot!

6. Snow. Again. Really? I'm not asking for it to be summer yet. Trust me... I'm not looking forward to this summer. I just want to be able to go outside to the mailbox without a winter coat. I know I complain about the weather every week but I feel like its been a little ridiculous. I don't feel bad about it.

7. While I normally don't get excited about the upcoming work week I have to say I am looking forward to actually being busy when the doctor I work for get's back from vacation!!! Cuz ya know... 10 hour work days really drag when you have nothing to do. 

P.S.- If this blog post were to receive an award it would be for "Most Boring QT's EVAH"

P.S.S.- For a good read (since this was not) check out some GOOD Quick Takes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment