Sunday, January 26, 2014

7 Quick Takes #9

A day late but here we go:

1. I always thought that Texas had bipolar weather but I was clearly mistaken. Texas is mostly just hot with approximately 2-4 weeks (not consecutive) of "winter" weather. Kansas City, on the other hand.... bipolar. According to my phone and the very nice weather lady I have an interesting few days ahead.
Really? 57 to 18 degrees?! Such a tease!
2. Since I have waited until Saturday night to write this I get to tell you how beyond thrilled I am that I have no obligations this weekend. I had forgotten how wonderful it was to wake up on a Saturday with nothing to do. No rooms to paint. No picture frames to hang. No closets to orginize. It is GLORIOUS!
Patrick and Rosalyn are enjoying doing nothing, too :)
3. I tried a new recipe tonight for dinner... thank you Piniterest. It was Hawaiian BBQ chicken in the crockpot. It is literally just chicken breasts, a can of crushed pineapple and BBQ sauce. I served with rice and broccoli. I thought it was so deliscious! Patrick thought it was too sweet... which I found strange coming from the man with the biggest sweet tooth ever! Yeah... and then we went and got some sweet ice cream afterwards. I think he needs to try it again haha

4. Have you ever encountered someone and heard their story and found yourself so grateful for what you have? That happened to me this week. A friend and co-worker of mine has been having trouble at home. I won't go into details but it absolutely broke my heart. I hate what she is going through but it is things like this that make me so thankful for the gifts in my life. Everyone has struggles and mine have certainly been difficult but through it all somehow I still feel blessed.

5. Homesickness never really ends. Patrick and I really getting established here in our new home and it is home. There is nowhere else I would rather be. But I can't help but miss my family sometimes. The funny things is I would have to be in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Hawaii simultaneously for that feeling to go away. I think we should plan a reunion! Or I should just ask my sister to come up next weekend or something :)

6. I'm about to start my hunt for dining room furniture and I honestly I have idea what I want. My style is fairly traditional but I like unique pieces. I don't even know where to begin! I'll take any helpful suggestions :)

7. I'm not one to obsess over weight because being 6 feet tall you learn that weight is just a number and unless I'm on my death bed I will never weigh as little as my friends who are mostly between 5' 2'' and 5' 6''. However, I've been feeling a little... soft?... ever since I had Anna in November. I'm sure the holidays and a short bout of self pity didn't help. Anyways, I am going to start walking and toning. Maybe that will give me more energy. I have been so lazy! Darn netflix!
Netflix and Starbucks have been taking up a lot of my time.

Have a lovely week! And check out Jen's blog for way much exciting QT's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment