Friday, January 17, 2014

7 Quick Takes

I'm WAY out of the habit of this but here we go....


1. I'm over the cold. It's been cold pretty much consistently since October with the rare exception of a few random days here and there. Don't get me wrong, I love my boots and skinny jeans and sweaters but if it could warm up just enough that I don't need a coat anymore.... I'd be a happy camper!

2. I came to a very sad realization this week... I watch too much TV. I watch The Voice, The Blacklist, Nashville, American Horror Story, Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, and recently started watching Scandal and Revenge. All very wholesome and moral programming obviously...That's a lot of time wasted by sitting down staring at a screen! I'm pathetic.... but oddly ok with it haha.

3. I really like to avoid confrontation. There is nothing worse to me. It makes me uncomfortable. I'm not an argumentative person and so if anything ever comes down to an argument, I can assure you I will not win. Even if I'm right. But sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut. If something is bothering me I have to say something or it will fester like a wound and then the damage is done. So I have learned (partially from my experience with a friend/neighbor today) that it is always better to bring a concern openly to the table and smooth things over without putting the blame on anyone. You can safe a lot of relationships with kindhearted honesty.

4. Speaking of neighbors... I love them. This weekend a bunch of people in the neighborhood are getting together for a Jam Session. Two of the guys are apparently quite good at playing the guitar. I'm pretty excited! How did we get so lucky...

5. I talked on the phone with my mom today and she told me that she put Anna in the family bible. In the family bible she has documented all of our (my brothers and sister and me) birth dates, sacraments etc. I guess there is a place for grandchildren too. Anyways, not sure if I have ever mentioned it on here but my mom had 4 miscarriages, the last one being twins. That means I have 5 other brothers and sisters. Well, as it turns out my mom named all of those children despite the fact that most of them went to heaven very early on. Their names are written in the family bible too. Her first child was named Anna Marie. I never knew this until today. So as it turns out my sweet Anna Marie was incidentally named after her Aunt Anna Marie... and they are together in Heaven now. Goosebumps, anyone?

6. If that doesn't give you goosebumps this will: I had a dream this week. It was a good one. You see, my best friend Katie and I were supposed to have our little girls a month apart. But my little girl lived out her purpose and went to go be with God. I have thought to myself many times how happy I am for Katie and her husband that they still have their baby and I have prayed for everything to go well for them over and over. Well in my dream Katie was laying on the couch in her living room and she was very pregnant, more visibly pregnant than she is right now in reality. Dreams are funny because they don't always make sense. Anna was in the dream. Anna looked about 1-2 years old and was snuggling up to my best friends belly, to her best friend. And in my dream I knew that Katie didn't know Anna was there. It was beautiful and perfect and I will remember that dream for the rest of my life. Maybe there is some truth to it...

7. I believe 2014 is going to be a good year....

For more exciting and certainly more interesting Quick Takes.... go here.

2 comments:

  1. Ok 5 gave me goosebumps and 6 made me vomit tears. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's kind of how it went for me, too. Love you too, friend :)

      Delete