Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Year

Ok... I know this is probably a little delayed but here is what I'm looking forward to in this new year.

1. Growing into our new home. I know I have been promising photos of all the work we have been doing. It will happen one of these days. The inside of our home is really coming along and it feels so good. I'm really looking forward to the spring, though. I can't wait to make our house look beautiful on the outside too!

2. Finding balance. We have had so many changes over the last year and sometimes in change I find chaos. I'm looking forward to less chaos. I hope that I can find a good balance between work and family and friends. I hope I can be more organized and be more productive. So far I'm on the right track.

3. Atlanta. I recently booked a flight to fly with my sister to Atlanta to meet my family for a wedding of one of our very close friends. My little brother is actually a groomsman. I am so excited about this! Not only will it be a nice getaway but the Groom has been a very special person in my life. Have you ever felt like God or fate or something pushed you together with someone? How we became friends is kind of a funny story. It had to be God. But that's a story for another day.

4. Reading. I am vowing to read this year. Maybe that sounds lame. But I love reading and I never do it. I spend way too much time in front of the TV. I just like TV a lot too haha. But so far I have read Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I need to read the rest of the Hunger Games Trilogy but I just borrowed a book from a Co-worker so that's next on the list. It's Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. I'm not really a King fan but I like the movie The Shining and Doctor Sleep is the sequel so hopefully it's good.

5. Rachel. I am hoping to see my sister more. She is a freshman in college about 2.5 hours away from where we live. It's nice having her so close. It makes the occasional homesickness for my family in Texas seem almost nonexistent.

6. New life. As you know, we lost our daughter this past year before she reached term. IT was heartbreaking and not a day (or hour for that matter) goes by that I don't miss her. But I am looking forward to the possibility of our future children. It is something I dream about. Anna will never be replaced or forgotten. It will be nice to finally have a child to hold onto though. And I know our future children will have a big sister in heaven looking out for them while they live a long life here on earth.


So here we are..... 2014. Time to live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment