Monday, October 22, 2012

War on Women or Whatever

I just mentioned this last week in another post but I decided to expand on it. Someone fill me in. What the hell is this War on Women? I'm seriously not getting it.

According to Wikipedia (not exactly a reliable source but they dumbed it down for me so don't judge! lol) it's the big bad Republican party trying to restrict women's rights especially reproductive rights. It also has liberals fighting for equal pay for women and stopping workplace discrimination. Call me ignorant but hasn't it been illegal to discriminate against women in the workplace for a while now? Like since the Equal Pay Act of 1963. So... what is it they are wanting? I think that men and women are pretty equal and I think any business would look at the individual's qualifications when it comes time to give a raise... not the fact of whether they are a man or a woman. It's like people think we are living in the 1950s. Maybe my confusion is rooted in the fact that BOTH my parents were successful in the business world. I know in my profession of nursing their is obviously a higher ratio of women to men but the male nurses do not get any kind of special treatment. This entire mindset is completely bizarre to me.

Now this whole reproductive rights thing is what really boils my blood. Correct me if I'm wrong. Women want birth control which currently costs roughly $9 a month from Walmart to be paid for by tax payers whether they are male, female, pro-life or pro-choice. Women also do not want any restrictions on abortions. They don't believe that abortion is murder even though basic science tells us that life begins at conception. They don't want mandatory ultrasounds that would show that there is life inside. They don't want to be told "you can't have an abortion because you are this far along."

I can argue against every one of these cases but I have found that if these women do not believe the same fundamental things as me then they will not listen. I feel like it all gets to the morality issues that some people disagree with. I believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong. I believe that sex in marriage is good and that babies are awesome. If you are not ready for a baby then don't get married yet. If you do not ever want a baby then don't get married. It's all pretty simple if you hold these basic moral principles. I also believe that IF one makes a mistake and does get pregnant when they don't intend to that.... this may come as a shock to you... but that baby is still good. It does not deserve to die. That baby is innocent. Children are good.

I feel like I should clarify that I have incredible sympathy for women that are victims of rape or incest. What a terrible and terrifying experience to have to go through. And if a woman becomes pregnant because of this terrible act I can only imagine the stress and fear that would add to the already traumatizing situation. However, that does not child the innocence of that child. That child should not have to suffer death because the father was a bad and/or misguided person. I know their are so many people that don't want to agree with me but these are the facts.

Where did we go wrong? How did we get to this place where it becomes acceptable to kill the most innocent of human beings. I don't see the War on Women but I most certainly see that there is a War on Children. Why doesn't everyone else see this?

Hey, all you women! Look what I found on Feminist for Life:

"Guilty? Yes. No matter what the motive, love of ease, or a desire to save from suffering the unborn innocent, the woman is awfully guilty who commits the deed. It will burden her conscience in life, it will burden her soul in death; But oh, thrice guilty is he who drove her to the desperation which impelled her to the crime!"
- Susan B. Anthony, Revolution

"Abortion is the ultimate exploitation of women."
-Alice Paul

Stanton wrote, regarding prostitution and the "murder of children, either before or after birth": "For a quarter of a century sober, thinking women have warned this nation of these thick coming dangers, and pointed to the only remedy, the education and enfranchisement of woman... We believe the cause of all these abuses lies in the degradation of woman."
- Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Revolution

So it seems that the ultimate feminists, the original feminists would agree with me that the only war on women today is society making them believe that abortion is a solution to a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment