Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sharper than any two-edged sword

Just watched the Space Jump and now watching the Chiefs lose but I just had to write a quick little snippet. 

'Cuz the Second Reading blew my mind this morning:

Brothers and sisters:
Indeed the word of God is living and effective,
sharper than any two-edged sword,
penetrating even between soul and spirit, joints and marrow,
and able to discern reflections and thoughts of the heart.
No creature is concealed from him,
but everything is naked and exposed to the eyes of him
to whom we must render an account.


BOOM!

While I often am lacking in ability to interpret scripture and meditate on it and ya know... all the things I am supposed to do with it... this was THE most living and effective piece of scripture that has caught my attention in a long time!

"No creature is concealed from him, but everything is naked and exposed to the eyes of him." That is so beautiful and frightening! Oh my. God truly knows us. He sees into the very depths of our souls. He sees the good and the ugly and His love is still more infinite than any love we will know on earth... which is crazy.

Like I said.... Mind. Blown.

Happy Sunday, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment