Monday, January 14, 2013

What I DID Sunday

I had kind of a crazy weekend. I worked Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the hospital and while I usually don't have a weak stomach I saw some of the most horrific things I will probably ever see in my life. Unbelievable. I will leave it at that. Usually things are pretty calm on the weekend but this was abnormal... in many ways.

I had every intention of coming home last night and posting a picture of "What I Wore Sunday" which would be my scrubs but at the end of the shift yesterday one of my nurse friends says, "I'm going home and drinking wine. Who's with me?" And guess what... I was so there. In fact, we were all feeling like wine was a necessity and my entire unit of nurses from yesterday went! It was so fun and relaxing!

I told my dear sweet husband that I would be home around 10pm. That really was my intention! But I must have been having fun wine-ing it up at my friend's house because I was shocked when he texted me at 10:45pm asking if I had left yet! Oops! Thankfully, Patrick is the most understanding man I know and he was just happy I was getting out and having fun. I love him :)

Spending time with my work friends outside of our relatively stressful work environment made me realize how lucky I am. I know I talk about how much I love my job all the time but the people I work with are pretty phenomenal IMHO. We all come from different backgrounds and are different ages and stages of life but we get along so well. I can't imagine most people have that same experience. I feel very blessed.

So now you know why I failed to contribute to What I Wore Sunday... again. It was well worth it though!

Have a lovely week, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment