Thursday, January 10, 2013

Content

I feel like our world looks down on people that are not constantly moving forward or moving on to the next best thing. We are lazy if we don't work to get a better job or make more money or get a bigger house. Why can't we just be content with our lives as they are?

Don't get me wrong... I do want to one day move out of my one bedroom apartment and I would love a bigger pay check. It's unsettling to me though that I have been out of college for a year and a half and people are already saying, "What is next for you?" "Where would you like to be?"

I'm here! Can we slow down a tad please!? I love my job! There is literally nothing I would change about my job. It is my perfect match. One day I may want something that is a little slower paced but right now I am happy. I am content. I don't think I should be made to feel guilty for that.

Being in my twenties, I have a lot to look forward to in my life and I do dream about the days when I have a house and little redheaded kids running around. I think about that kind of thing just about every day but right now, I am at peace with the way my life is going. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that!

Anyone else feel like the world is pushing us to move a little too fast?


1 comment:

  1. I feel like it's the 'gimme, gimme, gimme' attitude. People always want YOU to give or do more. Ugh. Back off, peeps.

    Enjoy your job. Enjoy your marriage. You guys are doing everything how you feel God is asking you to do them. And, really, that's all that matters.

    He is the only one we should listen to if He asks us to give or do more. Right?!

    ReplyDelete