Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Love actually is all around"

Recently, I was thinking about my blog. Lame. I know. But it was thinking about how some people have themes for their blogs. Some people have fantastic designs and an unreal amount of comments left by followers that clearly find what they have to say interesting. And then there is this blog. My theme is love... how cliche. I write about my life which is less than extravagant. BUT I do think that people can relate to it. The reason is well put in the quote below.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around. "

Yep, you guessed it. Love, Actually.

If you look too closely our world can be a scary place. I often find myself getting frustrated with people. People are hungry. People are hurting. BUT look at the love! I am continually amazed by the power love has to alter lives. The great thing about love is you get just as much fulfillment out of GIVING love as you do GETTING love. It is most certainly the best gift you can give anyone.

So spread the love, ya'll!


1 comment: