Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I've been stubborn... I admit it!

Advent is coming up and I have been thinking about what I will do to prepare myself for Christmas. Every year I promise myself I will pray for often, do Morning/Evening/Night prayer and I usually have moderate success with it. This year I felt like I should do something a little different but was having trouble making a decision on what exactly that would be.

A little background on me... I'm pretty hard headed. I would love to say that I am so agreeable and everything is happy-go-lucky all the time but that would be a major lie and I would have to run my little  butt to the confessional. The past several weeks there has been a rather popular link up called What I Wore Sunday. All my blogging friends are doing so why am I not doing it?

Well, my reasons aren't very good but bottom line is this: I don't go to church every Sunday. Before you X out of my blog and decide I am a poor Catholic though let me explain. I am a nurse. Hospitals never close. While people are enjoying there weekends with the rest of their families who also have the weekend off, there are nurses working their rears off to care for sick and elderly people. If we don't do it then who will? My job requires me to work every third weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) so it is impossible to get to mass. trust me I have tried everything. I have dispensation for the weekends I miss and while I have yet to miss a Holy Day of Obligation my dispensation includes those days, too.

The reason I have failed to jump on the What I Wore Sunday bandwagon is because I have been afraid of what people would think about me not going to Mass every third weekend. Unfortunately, I have come in contact with some Catholics that can be somewhat judgmental and I didn't want that. But after reading this article I felt somewhat empowered to get with the program and participate. What will I do the Sundays that I work, you ask? Well, since the so-called "theme" of my blog is love I will share with you some aspect of my Sunday caring for people. It may be about my love for my patients or it could be the love I witness between family members.... we will have to wait and see!

So, while I was very resistant to "conform" before THIS fiery redhead is gonna show ya just how good scrubs can look haha

No comments:

Post a Comment