Friday, March 1, 2013

7 Quick Takes #6


For more Quick Takes go to Conversion Diary!

1. Well... Secret is out. I got a new job! Sorry if that is not as exciting as the pregnancy announcement you were all expecting but I am pretty much ecstatic! I will be working for a group of Cardiologists that I already know well from working at the hospital. They are a great group and I had imagined working for them since early in my career but I didn't figure that would come for several years. I wasn't really looking for a job but one of the doctors actually approached me about it a few weeks ago and I have been in the interview process ever since. This is huge. I'll keep you posted on all that!

2. I have a very good relationship with my current boss and I am not looking forward to talking to her about this new job. It's not because I think she will be mad... I'm afraid she will be sad. I will be telling her Monday so keep it on the DL.

3. This week has been exhausting not only because of Snowmagedon Part 2 which I wrote about here, but also because of the following:

4. The Pope officially resigned. I know this is historic and wonderful but watching the Swiss guards walk away and close the doors of Castel Gandolfo brought tears to my eyes. There were just too many emotions. This man was so humble my mind cannot clearly fathom. I was sad about the end of his papacy. I was nervous about the conclave (not that I am in any way involved other than praying for the Cardinal I adopted). And I was hopeful about the future. Too much for one girl to handle in a matter of minutes.


5. I finally joined the rest of the world and got a phone with a data plan. And since I never do anything half way... I got the iphone5. My mind is blown. How did I live without this!?!

6. It is still snowing and while I would be happy to never have to actually drive on slick roads again... I'm kinda starting to like snow. It is so pretty.

7. I got really tired of eating fish every Friday (of Lent) so I decided to mix it up and make Tostadas. Patrick fried some low carb tortillas in a skillet, I put a layer of refried beans, sour cream, shredded cheese and jalapenos and tossed them in the oven until the cheese was all melty. It was fantastic! So If you are looking for an easy meal that is meatless... I recommend it :)

Happy Friday Y'all! Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment: