Friday, February 22, 2013

7QT #5... Snowmagedon


1. I have been M.I.A. in the blogging world recently because I have a secret that I really want to tell! I am really excited and I just want to tell the world but it is not public knowledge QUITE yet. I know it's mean to tell people you have a secret and then leave them hanging but I promise I will be shouting it from the roof tops in the very near future! And no, I'm not pregnant. I know that was your first thought!

2. Snowmagedon was this week in case there is anybody out there that is not infinitely aware of it yet. I always thought I had the snow thing down since I have lived in Kansas for 6 years now. Boy, was I wrong. I realize that there are a LOT of people that have seen a LOT more snow than this but this was quite frankly like nothing I had ever seen before.

3. It really did feel like the end of my world when Patrick called me from his clinical site around 9:30 AM and said that he wasn't going to be able to make it home. Dramatic? Yes. I hated that I couldn't just go pick him up but the roads were horrendous.

4. A very Good Samaritan in a jacked-up Chevy Silverado 4X4 offered to give my dear husband a lift home so he wouldn't have to stay the night there. Thank the Lord! And let me tell you... there were a LOT of Good Samaritans out there helping others.

5. Patrick and I both had the day off today so we decided to spend it together instead of doing our own thing (which is why I am not typing up my quick takes until late in the evening haha). We started our day with a cup of coffee and then headed out to buy a snow shovel. Everyone else had the same idea though so we had no luck there. Then, we drove over to Patrick's clinical site to get his truck which was completely buried in snow... too, bad we didn't have a snow shovel.

6. When we got home we ate a very boring meatless lunch and popped Skyfall, the Bond movie, into the Blueray player. Oh my, that was a phenomenal movie. If you haven't seen it you need to. It was not something I would have probably picked out if I hadn't been with Patrick but seriously... amazing.

7. Rosalyn has mixed feeling on Snowmagedon. Sometimes she acts like she likes all the snow and sometimes she looks at me like, "yeah, I'm not going out in that." I think she had enough after she jumped in the snow and she realized she was literally in over her head. Sucks to be short, huh, Rozzy girl!? So she came back into the warm apartment and hovered by my feet in the kitchen while I baked desserts hoping I would drop some chocolate... her fave.

This is potentially the most boring QT ever. My apologies. For way better quick takes go here.


3 comments:

  1. A baby...that was my first thought! Excited to hear your big news!

    And I am so happy your husband made it home to you.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so predictable. Pregnancy was my first thought, too. ;)

    Congratulations in advance on whatever the happy news is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I know you aren't pregnant but I still was hoping. I would have been so excited and a lil sad our baby plan didn't pan out. But mostly excited. :)

    2. Snowmagedon Part 2 tonight. Be careful! :)

    ReplyDelete