Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Waking up

A few weekends ago, I witnessed a beautiful thing. I saw a man answering the call. I saw with my own eyes the relentless love God has for His people as one of my best friends layed himself before the altar and called on all the Saints.

He became a Roman Catholic Priest.

The Cathedral was beautiful, of course. It was a full house. But it was filled with more than people. There was a point in the ordination, I actually can't quite pinpoint when it was, but suddenly the room took on a new sort of fullness. It was above us and between us as we sat in the pews. Heaven came down. It was tangible.

Now I know the day had little to do with me. The focus was on the men on the altar. But my heart erupted and something woke up inside of me. I honestly don't know how to describe it and it took me some time to really understand, to put my feelings into words.

God feels more present to me in my life than He has for a long time. I didn't even know I had gotten so far away. But I did. And now I'm here.... And I don't know what is next. Is there a plan? I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I'm making it my mission to focus my marriage, my family, my child, my job as a nurse and my job as a mother... To focus on Him in all of this. It's hard. I'm so far from perfect but I just feel this pull... It's indescribable.

Pray for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment