Monday, April 7, 2014

Negativity

Negativity has a tendency to rub off on me. I think I am a generally positive person but when I am surrounded by negative people I feel myself becoming negative too. I think that is human nature.

It's not that these people don't have legitimate complaints or concerns that they are talking (or gossiping?) about. I actually totally agree with them most of the time, but ugh... it brings me down.

I used to be very passive when I was younger and never showed when I was mad or frustrated. In the last several years I have become more vocal and opinionated. I think maybe I have always been opinionated but maybe not so outwardly? I don't know. All I know is that whether it is due to the people around me or not, things bother me far more than they used to. And I feel much more confident in expressing that.

So is this a flaw in my personality that I have developed or is it a strength that I should be proud of? I don't want to be passive but I don't want to be negative either. I have strong beliefs and I often feel the need to express them but I don't ever want to come across and harsh or callous. 

I have been asking myself these questions a lot recently and I can't seem to find a straight forward answer to any of them. It's been on my mind. So maybe it's something I need to work on. It's never a bad thing to take a look at yourself and evaluate your actions. I suppose that is how we grow as people. 


Random thoughts for the night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment