Thursday, October 3, 2013

Shut down

Today is day three of the government shut down. I won't pretend like I know all about it because I don't. I do, however, find it frustrating (like the majority of the American people) that Congress can''t seems to get their act together. And because of this, the People suffer.

It's my personal opinion that there are actually too many people in "government" jobs. I hope that doesn't offend anybody. It's not that I want those jobs to be done away with... I just don't think the government needs to have their hands in EVERYTHING.

But today we have a problem because the are tons (not even sure exactly how many) of people that are considered "non-essential" that are not allowed to work. NOT ALLOWED! That adds a whole new meaning to the term "unemployment."

These are people that get up everyday, go to work, do their job, do a good job, and come home to their families. But then we have Congress which is apparently "essential" that still get's to go to work but they aren't doing their jobs. They are doing a pretty lousy job obviously. How unfair is that?!?!

I am thankful today for my job. I am still getting a paycheck while others are not. I can only pray that these issues get resolved in a timely manor so the American people can get back to work and get on with their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment